This is part one of a four-part cloud computing roundtable featuring Technology Writer Carl Brooks and representatives from Novell, Forrester Research, ACS and Paragon Development Systems.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Understanding cloud services: Public vs. private
• Interacting with cloud services: A management perspective
• Is private cloud more than just virtualization?
• Where is cloud computing in the marketplace?
IT departments have wished for elastic, self-service computing environments for years now, and cloud computing can be the answer to those dreams. But while the idea is tremendous, adopting and utilizing these private cloud and public cloud models can be tricky.
In part one of our roundtable with cloud makers, thinkers, practitioners and sellers, our experts compare public cloud and private cloud, along with discussing how enterprises should look at the broader issues surrounding cloud computing.
Download for later:
Understanding cloud services: Public vs. private
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
This was first published in October 2010