Read this e-book to gain expert insights on the private cloud and learn best practices for building one in your organization.
Chapters Available For Free Access
What is private cloud computing? Vendors are racing to deliver private cloud offerings, but there are really only a few “true” cloud solutions ...
More IT pros are considering implementing a cloud environment, but they soon realize that building a private cloud means overhauling their entire ...
Existing security tactics designed for a traditional data center with physical resources need to be adapted to operate a private cloud infrastructure...
This expert resource explores the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid clouds, how to get your environment hybrid cloud-ready and provides key tips...
Tips and Tutorials
- Enterprises turn to private storage clouds in light of Amazon EBS weaknesses
- An argument for the single cloud vendor approach
- Seeing platform software through the cloud computing lens
- Will bare-metal cloud, IBM backing push SoftLayer to next level?
- Taking back networking control with Amazon virtual private cloud
- Public cloud market grows, but private clouds prevail
- U.S. defense agencies' cloud transition yields better intelligence
- Interest in private clouds grows as market matures
- Private clouds considered a detour on the road to public cloud
- Cloud availability appears higher than enterprise data center uptime
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Big data analytics in the cloud may solve some problems, such as reducing data center infrastructure costs. But does it introduce new ones as well?
Cloud computing offers substantial benefits for some companies in terms of scalability, flexibility and cost savings through shared, multitenant ...
Storage needs are growing exponentially. Cloud-based storage has emerged as an alternative to on-site, traditional methods, but it may not make sense...