Private clouds offer many of the advantages of public cloud services, but without the security concerns and compliance issues that make IT managers sweat. So how time-intensive is it to build a private cloud in your enterprise? Roll up your sleeves; this handbook will give you the tools you need to build your own private cloud—in 10 steps or fewer. Access >>>
Table of contents
- Decide what you want out of a cloud
- Have realistic expectations
- Understand your workloads and services
- Get on the path to virtualization
- Understand standardization and automation
- Look at chargeback and showback
- Keep everything in its proper place
- Know that monitoring is crucial
- Perform future-proofing
- We're all in this together
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
One of the major benefits of cloud services is efficiency. Without proper cloud capacity management, however, companies can miss out on that benefit....
This handbook explores cloud-based storage in terms of cost, manageability, scalability, flexibility, latency/availability and more. It also looks at...
Big data analytics in the cloud may solve some problems, such as reducing data center infrastructure costs. But does it introduce new ones as well?