Private clouds offer many of the advantages of public cloud services, but without the security concerns and compliance issues that make IT managers sweat. So how time-intensive is it to build a private cloud in your enterprise? Roll up your sleeves; this handbook will give you the tools you need to build your own private cloud—in 10 steps or fewer. Access >>>
Table of contents
- Decide what you want out of a cloud
- Have realistic expectations
- Understand your workloads and services
- Get on the path to virtualization
- Understand standardization and automation
- Look at chargeback and showback
- Keep everything in its proper place
- Know that monitoring is crucial
- Perform future-proofing
- We're all in this together
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Big data analytics in the cloud may solve some problems, such as reducing data center infrastructure costs. But does it introduce new ones as well?
Cloud computing offers substantial benefits for some companies in terms of scalability, flexibility and cost savings through shared, multitenant ...
Storage needs are growing exponentially. Cloud-based storage has emerged as an alternative to on-site, traditional methods, but it may not make sense...