David (Dave) S. Linthicum is with Cloud Technology Partners and an internationally recognized cloud industry expert and thought leader. He is the author and co-author of 13 books on computing, including the best-selling “Enterprise Application Integration.” Linthicum keynotes at many leading technology conferences on cloud computing, SOA, enterprise application integration and enterprise architecture.
His latest book is “Cloud Computing and SOA Convergence in Your Enterprise: a Step-by-Step Guide.” His industry experience includes tenures as CTO and CEO of several successful software companies and upper-level management positions in Fortune 100 companies. In addition, he was an associate professor of computer science for eight years and continues to lecture at major technical colleges and universities, including the University of Virginia, Arizona State University and the University of Wisconsin.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from David S. Linthicum, Contributor
- Is cloud's future AWS vs. the world?
- Is Verizon blocking AWS?
- Are IBM's jabs at Amazon a result of cloud washing?
- Microsoft, IBM make their pitches for cloud elite status
- CMPs gain traction as enterprises go multi-cloud
- Brute force attacks higher on-premises than in cloud
- Which cloud vendor will lay claim to the PaaS market?
- AWS' partnerships resemble the Microsoft glory days
- The secrets public cloud providers keep
- A look at the U.S. cloud market in a post-PRISM world
- Communication between execs, IT scrutinized in budget talks
- Third cloud's a charm for cloud management platforms
- U.S. gov roots out cloud washing at IBM
- Three cloud-killing obstacles in the market
- 'Hidden' cloud costs only surprise the unprepared
- The Internet of Things: Same tech, different day
- Controlling drones and talking AWS clones in the cloud
- Is big data more than a shiny object in enterprises?
- How the NSA scandal affects cloud data
- Is IBM's SoftLayer deal a dud?