By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
BMC offers to manage your private cloud
If private cloud sounds like the way to go inside your company, BMC Software has launched a product it claims will help you manage it.
BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management software includes:
- A policy-driven service catalog, which personalizes the list of available service offerings and customizations, based on a user's role
- A self-service Web portal for requesting and controlling cloud resources -- whether from a private cloud or from public cloud service providers
- Dynamic provisioning of the entire service stack -- compute, network, storage, and application -- across heterogeneous infrastructures. This includes the creation of performance-tiered secure network containers for provisioned services
- Out-of-the-box cloud management workflows that drive governance, performance, and compliance of cloud services -- through automated assignment of compliance policies and performance monitoring tools
- Pre-built ITSM integration for ITIL process interaction and compliance
Amazon's low-cost Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) offering allows customers to save on storage but promises less object replication and, ultimately, less assurances about your data's survival if multiple data centers fail. Nevertheless, the concept seems to appeal to enterprise storage customers looking for a cheap place to dump extraneous, unimportant data.
Amazon RDS now available in the Management Console
If you've been longing to manage your Amazon databases with point-and-click ease, your day has come. Amazon announced that its Relational Database Service (RDS) is now supported by the AWS Management Console.
Amazon Web Services users can now launch, manage and scale their DB Instances through the company's Web-based user interface. The Management Console previously serviced only Amazon EC2, Elastic MapReduce and CloudFront.