In this week's episode of Cloud Cover TV, Ellen Rubin, co-founder of CloudSwitch, is on the show to chat with Carl about enterprise IT interest in cloud computing and where the market is headed.
- What's driving enterprise IT shops to the cloud
- AWS versus Terremark and Savvis
- AWS is a utilty 'you get what you get'
- Mix of private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud
- Revamping IT infrastructure inside the enterprise
- Security issues around cloud
- Customers want more security
- Rackspace openness, human contact in sales and support, but more expensive
- Which workloads should you move to the cloud and what are the use cases