Intel's advancements in the cloud are not going unnoticed. From its implementation of OpenStack to the investment of engineering into Memcache, the open source in-memory database technology, it's beginning to make moves. Intel's director of cloud strategy, Billy Cox, discusses Intel's cloud-related news at Intel Developer Forum in this week's episode of Cloud Cover TV.
- Demo on show floor of Intel's implementation of OpenStack
- Some pretty serious shortcomings in Infrastructure as a Service, like the network stack
- Intel invests engineering in Memcache, the open source in-memory database technology
- Off the shelf implementation of Memcache is single threaded, Intel is working on multi-threaded Memcache
- Intel Cloudbuilders reference architecture with usage models
- Intel's private cloud and using Software as a Service
- How Intel can work for enterprises