BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Cloudability is a software vendor that provides financial management tools for monitoring and analyzing cloud computing costs. Information technology (IT) administrators can use Cloudability software to track their public cloud usage and spend and help plan cloud computing service budget.
Specific features of the Cloudability cost management platform include:
- Customizable dashboard provides a graphical view of an enterprise's key performance indicators, including monthly cloud spend and estimates.
- Alerts let users know if they have almost exceeded their budget for a particular cloud service account.
- Daily email reports inform users of daily cloud service usage and costs trends across their business.
- Allocation and chargeback allows users to track cloud usage and costs by specific business users, departments or teams.
The Cloudability platform is primarily designed to work with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud, although the company recently added support for Microsoft Azure. Provider-specific features for AWS include Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cost Analytics and Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Usage Analytics, which helps users identify EC2 cloud resources that can be downsized or turned off. Cloudability also has an AWS Reserved Instance Planner tool that guides users through the Reserved Instance buying process.
Cloudability offers two pricing plans: Pro and Enterprise. Both plans follow an elastic pricing model, where monthly fees are based on the amount of cloud costs that users monitor. The Enterprise plan, however, comes with additional features and a higher level of support from Cloudability.
Cloudability was founded in 2011 by Mat Ellis and J.R. Storment, and its headquarters are in Portland, Oregon. Cloudability competes with other cloud cost management vendors, such as Cloud Cruiser, Rightscale and CloudCheckr. The tool is primarily used by cloud administrators, financial teams and other enterprise or IT professionals.
Continue Reading About Cloudability
- Choose the right cloud platform for each workload –DellEMC
- Top 5 Ways To Leverage Converged Infrastructure To Manage On-Premises and Cloud... –Pure Storage
- See More