BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
RightScale is a software as a service provider that offers cloud management and analytics tools for public, private and hybrid clouds. RightScale's software helps organizations deploy, configure and manage applications across different cloud service provider platforms.
Cloud management refers to the administrative control an organization exercises over its public, private and hybrid clouds. Among other things, cloud management tools and platforms help administrators create and track cloud instances, monitor cloud usage and optimize cloud services costs.
RightScale's main products include:
- RightScale Self-Service: a portal that gives developers on-demand access to public cloud and private cloud infrastructures, including those from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Self-Service also helps automate and accelerate cloud application deployment.
- RightScale Cloud Management: a tool that helps organizations design, deploy and maintain control over their cloud environments. Cloud Management includes RightScale ServerTemplates, which help administrators define service catalogs across public and private clouds. In addition, administrators can configure and manage their infrastructure as a service (IaaS) resources, monitor performance and control user access.
- RightScale Cloud Analytics: a dashboard and reporting tool that helps organizations monitor, forecast and optimize costs across public and private clouds. The tool can track costs by user, team or vendor, and help identify unused cloud resources.
- RightScale Multi-Cloud Platform: a platform that provides a single multi-cloud management interface and application programming interface (API) for private and public IaaS environments, including AWS, Azure and Google. It also supports multiple hypervisors, including KVM, Xen and vSphere, and operating systems, such as CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu and Windows.
RightScale is one of several vendors offering cloud management tools, with other providers including VMware, Cloudyn, Dell and Scalr.
Based in Santa Barbara, Calif., RightScale was founded in 2006 by Thorsten von Eicken, Michael Crandell and Rafael Saavedra. According to the RightScale website, their product is used by CIOs, enterprise architects, application teams and IT finance divisions.
Continue Reading About RightScale Inc.
- Looking Ahead: Enterprise Cloud Trends for 2019 –IBM
- Choose the right cloud platform for each workload –DellEMC
- See More
- What is The Multi-Cloud? –Fortinet, Inc.
- Transforming Your IT Organization with a Cloud Service-Broker Model –Rackspace