Ever wondered what databases in the cloud really are or what they can do for you? So have we. Razi Sharir, CEO of Xeround, a cloud database company, explains what cloud database services do, who's using them and what's coming from Xeround in the near future in this week's episode of Cloud Cover TV.
- What are databases in the cloud?
- Why are people using databases in the cloud?
- SQL databases in the cloud versus NoSQL
- SQL optimizied for local storage, local app, not the cloud
- Underneath the hood Xeround is a NoSQL database but also supports LDAP, MySQL
- Consume Xeround's database as a service like Intel inside
- Oracle realized it can't keep only playing the SQL game
- Few thousand customers using Xeround
- Enterprises distributed worldwide are interested in Xeround
- Run database in multiple places at the same time, run locally and in the cloud, in hybrid mode